Sunday, August 23, 2026

I turned 90

August 23rd is/was my 90th birthday. Ack!

I started writing a weekly blog in January 2015, when I was only 79. Since that date I have created over 600 posts. Somehow, I’ve managed to write a new one every week. 

My main sources are The New York Times, Scientific American, The Atlantic, and a bunch of online medical journals. My sources also include books, such as Mistreated: Why We Think We’re Getting Good Health Care—and Why We’re Usually Wrong, by Robert Pearl, MD; and Over-diagnosed: Making People Sick in the Pursuit of Health, by Drs. H. Gilbert Welch, Lisa M. Schwartz, and Steven Woloshin. (The main menu on my blog page includes a Bibliography with a list of about 90 books. That number surprised me. I haven’t updated it in ages. Must get to it!)

I try to keep my blogs short. If my source material is extensive and complicated, they take a long time to write. After I write them, my friend Betsy proofreads them, often finding mistakes.

Lately, AI has become a ubiquitous topic in most of my sources. For this reason, I've also been writing on the topic, but I worry about boring my readers. On the other hand, AI is an undeniable game-changer. Attention must be paid!

I guess I’ll keep writing these blog posts unless I lose more marbles.

For an introduction to this blog, see I Just Say No; for a list of blog topics, click the Topics tab.

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best! See you at the Opera SZ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blogs, keep them coming!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a very Happy and healthy 91st year. Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you get up atThe crack of dawn to send these very helpful medical comments to all of us? You are a fabulous friend, love Jil

    ReplyDelete